AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sthil MS 250 chainsaw wont run
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mav
Posted 12/4/2022 12:18 (#9964676 - in reply to #9964136)
Subject: RE: Sthil MS 250 chainsaw wont run

I usually have issue with the fuel metering diaphragm in about all small engine 2-stroke carburetors that have had gas ran through then set unused for an extended amount of time (sometimes only a couple of months).

With the crap rubber diaphragms that get used in all makes and models, they absorb fuel during their first running. They then dry out and become inflexible. On the next attempted run session, the stiff diaphragm will not flex enough to open the needle valve, which ultimately functions to fill the metering chamber with fuel. The classic symptom is an engine that will idle, but will not rev up.

The first thing I would try to do, is to get some fuel in the carburetor, tip it in a way that puts fuel against the diaphragm (the diaphragm is usually located under the primer bulb), and let it sit for a good day or so. Many times, that will usually allow the diaphragm to limber up enough to restore normal operation. If that doesn't work, the next order is a quick 15 minute metering diaphragm change. I usually buy them in quantities of ten which is usually about 1/3 the price of a new carburetor.

As stated above, keep the thought of a cracked fuel line in your mind as well.

Mav

Edited by Mav 12/4/2022 12:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)