AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valor and JD 47XX Sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

David
Posted 6/18/2009 17:32 (#749755)
Subject: Valor and JD 47XX Sprayers

I will admit up front - I am a sales rep for Valent in FL, GA, and AL. I also farm with my brother here and have used Valor for probably 8 years, well before I started with Valent.

I had some new users of Valor complain about burning cotton when spraying RU + Staple after using Valor on peanuts. When we got down to the nitty gritty, we found that they had not physically cleaned the sprayer before using the chemical cleaner. This is on stainless tanks and stainless lines. They had ALOT of residue buildup in their booms. They had never opened their end caps and checked the lines. I do not own a 47XX sprayer but noticed that it is nearly impossible to drain the tank. Also, anything that goes in the tank must go into the pump and then be forced into the lines. They had never stopped and cleaned their in-line filters, removed diaphragms, screens, or tips.

First question -- Why did JD not put a drain on the bottom of these tanks so you can drain sediment without it being pumped into the lines?

Second question -- Don't most folks clean out their system more often than every few months. (This still had "yellow" in it from March.)

Thanks,
David
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)