AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It seems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/5/2022 21:36 (#9648658 - in reply to #9648513)
Subject: RE: It's simply amazing how little some on here read or understand,

Hilltop Husker - 5/5/2022 20:33 Then you are bad at math. Even if 100 w light bulbs were still 50¢ at a tenth the wattage led should pay for themselves in half a year.

For starters 10w LED's are not a real replacement for 100w incandescent even though they are sold as such.    They don't put out as much light.

100w incandescent are around 1600 lumens, 10w LED's are around 900-1000 lumens.     That is part of the reason I hate them.   LED bulbs that will actually replace the light output of a 100w incandescent are much more expensive than the 9-10w bulbs that they sell as a "100w replacement".   

In reality you need at least a 15w LED bulb to come close, then you still haven't addressed the fact that they don't throw light as far so you really need more (closer together) fixtures/bulbs to get rid of the dark areas.     AND, most 15w bulbs won't fit inside a jelly jar.

Secondly, other than a few nightlights, most of my lights are only on for roughly 30-60 minutes/day.  Less during the summer, if the curtains are down and its bright outside I rarely turn them on in the summer.

Edited by Kooiker 5/5/2022 21:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)