AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Acres needed for 24 row Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 6/16/2009 22:05 (#747714 - in reply to #747668)
Subject: RE: Acres needed for 24 row Planter

Saronville NE
We planted just shy of 2650 acres this yr with a 16 r, and have no desire to go to a 24 r planter. With planter and drill we did a little over 3k acres. Alot of what I do is custom planting, I know Dad has mentioned allready about if I keep taking on acres like I did this yr, that I will have to go to 24 r, Im just really not intrested, I can do 200+ acres a day in 14-16 hr days, and feel that is plenty good. To me and my way of thinking alot of guys are way over equiped for what they farm, Come on a 24 r for 1200-1600 acres, give me a break, what do you do with yr free time LOL. Ive always heard 100-150 acres per row before trading. Heck theres a operation here farming 20k plus acres that does it all with 4-16 r planters, they run 24hrs a day, tell me why they dont go to 3-24r, JD says tey arent intrested in it, they want 3 pt planters.
Alot of the reason I dont want to go to 24 row is Im still planting alot of gravity irrigation ground, so you plant up to the road, you dont have endrows and such to turn around on, so 3pt planters are way better for that, and a 24 r stacker wont work here, cause you cant get around alot of our bridges with 8 row stuff let alone have 12 rows on the bottom.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)