AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 11/24/2021 05:30 (#9337967 - in reply to #9337951)
Subject: RE: Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i

Southeast WI
I would say that is a content person. No different than you or I are driven to achieve "more" but I'd still consider myself "content". If he's working, not on public aid, works a bit more at odd jobs to make some extra money I'd say he's a contributing member of society.

I was raised in a new home (grandparents gave a corner lot to my young folks to build a home on and they eventually inherited the farm with my aunt and uncle) and we lived a very decent lower middle class life growing up. I personally hated budgeting for food items or when we went on our yearly camping trip we had to scrimp in what we did so my goals were not to have to worry about the little things in life - if I want blueberries in January we are buying them even tho they are expensive. That's a very simple example but I hope you get my gist. So while we are comfortable and make sure there's a bit of extra money to do other things, we still work like we are poor and put in long days all year. I love everything I do and we've been fully self employed for almost 25 years now.

It's up to each person to figure out what makes them content. But dont get me started on being content and not working because one can get govt welfare as their sole source of income....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)