AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 11/24/2021 19:55 (#9339443 - in reply to #9337951)
Subject: RE: Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i

Ludington/Manistee MI area

Sorta see your angle.   The folks working in town stress themselves to make big money to go on vacations, or that house up north, or that camper.  On the farmer side you got the folks that cover half the county employ a small army.  Maybe they would be better off covering enough acres to provide for themselves and only need a little bit of part time seasonal help. While waiting in line at the elevator was talking to another farmer he was mentioning how he’d love to shed his payroll.  By going to a small semi and a grain cart we went from 3 person harvest crew to 2 and cover more. 

Edited to add:  Today waiting in line was this old sketchy straight truck probably only held 200 bushel, no tarp,  rough rough truck.   As I sat behind him I noticed he had a gas drip so I walked up to him a kindly mentioned it to him he said yup he put too much fuel in and got it to it’s leaking point.  Never met the guy before still don’t know his name but we chatted for 20 minutes pleasant as heck.  Looking at his and his rig you would think he didn’t have a penny to his name.  I’ve seen him before in line and never seen him talk to anyone.  He asked a bunch of questions about my army truck and told stories about driving one when he was in the service.  I really enjoyed my conversation with him. 

Edited by Tomcat 11/24/2021 20:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)