AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

2TrakR
Posted 11/24/2021 08:09 (#9338250 - in reply to #9337951)
Subject: RE: Are the less fortunate really the fortunate? i

Saginaw Bay Area - Michigan
barren - 11/24/2021 06:08

Got a friend who lives in a home most would consider a shack.  Thing about it is I never hear him complain about much.  Always has a smile on his face and a kind word for others.  He goes faithfully to his hourly job everyday which does not pay much.  He doesn't worry about where to invest his money other than a mower that will run to mow yards to give him a little extra money.  He doesn't worry about the price of a new truck and not being able to get one, about estate planning, about capital gains taxes going up, about the price of glyphosate , fertlizer and chemicals, about when to sell his crops and if he lost money by selling too soon, about accumulating enough money to have a comfortable retirement, about the price of landand if it is going to go up or down.  The list goes on and on. 

In essence, he is a content man.  Should we feel sorry for him and others like him or are we the one's to feel sorry for?  Just something I think about occasionally and wonder if any of you do?

My question to you is why are you asking if anyone should feel sorry for that person? All you've described is someone that appears to be on a different income level than some others. No one should feel sorry for me if I am in that situation and vice versa. Everyone should be respectful of the other's situation and if they are in need, help where it can be done.
To pity or feel sorry for someone just because they have a different level of income is pretty self-centered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)