AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop wall of shame
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J SWIL
Posted 10/18/2021 22:52 (#9276191 - in reply to #9272196)
Subject: RE: Shop wall of shame

IL near StL
Most recent one, we were loading corn out of a 42' bin and had probably had the first load half loaded. Loading trucks with a hydraulic driven belt and I have learned the hard way to let the oil warm up before you open the bin slide wide open. Was also at the point where I had the intermediate sumps open and on this bin you. can't open the intermediates without opening the center sump so you really need to be a little careful so you don't slug it. Anyway, belt running good, open the slides a little more, still good, open them some more and wham, slugged the unload. Damn it, pull the shields off, start cranking by hand, back and forth, hit the motor, no go yet, back and forth, back and forth, hit the motor, nope, overload kicks out. More cranking back and forth by hand and honestly it's really not turning that hard by now, 10 hp motor should be pulling this! Light bulb went off in my head, opened the cover on the motor, yup capacitors were toast. Man I was aggravated and my hands were really sore from turning that stupid pulley. Still a little crabby about that one, LOL!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)