AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop wall of shame
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike2120
Posted 10/17/2021 09:32 (#9273344 - in reply to #9272196)
Subject: RE: Shop wall of shame

Ottawa,ON Canada
I diagnosed a low oil pressure complaint on a Peterbuilt garbage truck once. Gauge on the dash showed no pressure. Hooked up test gauge, very low pressure < 5 psi. The truck drove into the shop and sounded fine, but couldn’t let it leave. Continued diagnosis by pulling oil pan and replacing main bearings, same low pressure. I think the next thing I did was cap the turbo supply for a moment to see if maybe all the pressure was running straight through the bearing. Was advised there was a frost plug at the back of the camshaft that maybe could come out and dump all the pressure, can’t remember how much work to get that inspected, but I did. Messed around with timing cover and filter bypass maybe too. This was quite a few years ago. Somehow decided to try a different test gauge, pressure was fine. Truck electric gauge and my manual test gauge were defective. Probably spent 2 weeks working on that. I’ve never trusted a gauge or meter since, always double check with another if it doesn’t make sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)