AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop wall of shame
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 10/16/2021 17:17 (#9272318 - in reply to #9272239)
Subject: RE: Shop wall of shame

Tuscola, IL
Early on in my career, I fought myself on electrical issues more often than the actual problem. And more often than not, not getting a good ground was my downfall. Those issues became much less common once I got one of those retractable test leads with the alligator clips on each end. Whenever possible the black wire on the meter went directly to ground on the battery. Has saved me a lot of misdiagnosis and chasing my tail.

One of the biggest misses I’ve had was last fall on the combine. Feeder would not engage on our 1680 and it was literally the night before harvest. I went all over the machine trying to figure it out. It ended up being the seat switch. When I was vacuuming the cab that morning I apparently hit the wire that had been put in by the previous owner to bypass the seat switch. I knew where I should start looking, I knew the seat switch would kill the feeder and, in my mind, I knew the seat switch had been bypassed so that COULDN’T have been the issue. What I “knew” cost me several hours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)