AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you were diagnosed with terminal cancer would you try an unapproved treatment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 10/13/2021 13:28 (#9266860 - in reply to #9266762)
Subject: RE: If you were diagnosed with terminal cancer would you try an unapproved treatment?

Coldwater, Michigan
Unfortunately for all of us Chemo and Radiation fails at least 50% of the time. As a past president of Pfizer said years ago "There is more money in treatment than there is in a cure". If I was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer I hope I would take one of a couple different paths. 1) I would do everything possible to not to be treated at most local hospitals. 2) Even some of the "better" hospitals when it comes to cancer, they fail most of the time! 3) Look for alternative treatments. 4) Depending on how terminal I was, I don't think I would let them treat me at all.

I am about to become 72 the first of next week. I am less afraid of dying than I was as a young man serving our country. It is sad that my father in law is now 91 and scared to death he will get Covid and it will kill him. Statistically, he has a lot fewer days than I do. Death will be coming soon (however we describe soon). So to me it would be more important to enjoy whatever time you have left to the fullest, instead of being afraid to die at his age.

My aunt died a few years back soon after her 91st birthday. She had had a massive heart attack 2-3 years earlier and it took her quite awhile to fully recover. She was known in her neighborhood to be the first to welcome almost anybody who was moving in. "My name is ....., I live over there, and we are having a crab bake Saturday night. You should come over and I will introduce you to all the neighbors."

When she was 91, the next door neighbor came over and told he that he and his wife were going to take their Boat out on the Chesapeake Bay for the first time that spring. And he invited her to go with them. She really wanted to go and when she told her daughter, he daughter said "Mom, you haven't been very stable the last few years and the Bay is kind of rough today". She wanted to go because they were going to meet at the Shipyard and eat with some friends.

The daughter was convinced to take her to the restaurant where everybody was going. Alice spent her last night with friends and daughter, enjoying her crab cakes, and Strawberry Dacuries (?). When she and daughter went home Alice was having trouble going to sleep and daughter was holding her hand.

Next morning she never woke up! What better way to die! Friends, family and enjoying their time with them to the end! She was 91, had outlived 2 husbands, and enjoyed life to the end!

I would rather live life that way than worrying about if Chemo/radiation might buy me another month or two, if it works!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)