AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help a young guy out please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 10/11/2021 23:55 (#9264434 - in reply to #9264280)
Subject: RE: Help a young guy out please

Central South Dakota
I would buy all that 5# roundup for $26/gallon and get possession of it pronto. $45/gal won't get you product here right now and earliest 5 different suppliers I talked to expect to see any glyphosate delivered is end of November possibly and are unable to price it until time of delivery.

We are sitting on all our chemical for next year paid and delivered for already. 1st time that's happened on our place in 45+years that I know of.

JMHO, but someone will get left holding the bag next year.

No gly being produced in the US right now.

China is in an energy crunch with coal from Australia

Bejing wants pollution tamped down and air quality cleaned up for the upcoming olympics.

Product might make it on a slow boat from China, but how long will it be waiting at the docks in Los Angeles with the already huge backlog of containers

Then add on local distribution & supply chain problems and the whole thing is one big disaster in the making.

Right or wrong, these were the thoughts rolling around my headband I wasn't willing to shake'n'bake throwing all caution to the wind and hoping product is around next spring at reasonable prices when it got locked in at a nominal price increase comparative to last year and with avg APH we can have a very profitable year ahead.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)