AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help a young guy out please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrhgrainfarms
Posted 10/11/2021 21:36 (#9264280)
Subject: Help a young guy out please

Hickory NC
This forum is back and forth so much on this report and hearing good and bad yields I’ve got an option. Sell 95% of my crop. March delivery paying me an extra 25 cent over our normal basis to keep it that long for them, our normal basis is +$1.00.. That reasonable. Got to let him know pre report. And I really feel we as farmers are gonna be holding the bag on this one. Just a gut feeling. If you hadn’t sold any yet how much would you contract before the report??

Fertilizer- co op has urea at $560 a ton. Can pickup now. Would it store good over winter till spring in the south or will our humidity turn it to mush like it does in the summer?

32% N is at $575 a ton. Would you fill the tanks now? Also every year mine over winter salts out. How do you stop that.

Chemicals are stupid priced but found a local with 51% generic roundup for $26 a gallon. Normally use gramoxone for burndown but this new transfer system looks and sounds stupid and thinking of using rdup this spring. Any chance we see it go back to normal before spring time?

Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)