AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help a young guy out please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrhgrainfarms
Posted 10/12/2021 22:48 (#9266004 - in reply to #9265335)
Subject: RE: Help a young guy out please

Hickory NC
Thanks everyone for your time and reply’s. Sounds like even older farmers are having the same thoughts and issues. I sold 90% of my corn pre report and yes the basis was at risk if we didn’t. I took the money and ran. We had a profitable year and I guess that’s what it’s all about. I’ve booked about all of my chemicals and should have them in a week now. I’ll keep an eye on the 2022 futures and probably book half of it on the market and get out if we see a drop in acres next year and price increase. I’m sure I won’t capture all of it if the price goes up but I can set a baseline that would be profitable. A lot of our production gets used ourselves for alcohol production but we always have more then what we use for that. Thanks for everyone’s opinions sometimes it’s hard to pull the trigger. Maybe I can reown some bushels on the board if it looks like a price increase in the spring

I’m good news they opened the rdup processing plant back up and it’s running again. I’m going to buy a little extra 32% ans water it down to over winter it and cut back on urea if needed next summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)