AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does the Vax reduce transmission
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 10/10/2021 14:31 (#9261961 - in reply to #9261923)
Subject: RE: Does the Vax reduce transmission

Faunsdale, AL
But what do you have to say about the lower two age groups?
Edit......the ones at the top, the youngest

I think it’s obvious that the immunity from a case of COVID and vaccination wanes over time. None of those statistics say anything about behavior, prior infection, outcome after infection etc. And none shows anything about time since vaccination or previous case.

If you look at the youngest group, the number of vaccinated that have gotten infected declines rapidly after 14 days post first vaccination with what is probably a less effective vaccine than the mRNA vaccines. If they rolled out their vaccination availability like we did here in the US, those younger folks are going to have gotten their vaccinations more recently than the older ones.

I think we’re expecting too much from a couple doses of any vaccine to expect it to prevent infection long term. Prevention of serious disease and death is an easier standard to meet, seeming to require about 1/6 th of the antibody levels as prevention of infection.

Looking at other disease vaccinations in naive individuals (children for example) the established protocols include 3 or more vaccines over the first 6 years of life. Those vaccinations’ perceived level of effectiveness also benefits from strong herd immunity since in spite of a vocal antivax movement here in the US, almost all children get them.

If all vaccinations had to protect against infection after only one or two doses over the span of a month, I expect very few would work well at all long term. For prevention of serious disease, they would probably work better, but still not be as effective as we as a society have come to expect vaccines to work.

Edited by ccjersey 10/10/2021 14:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)