AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local COOP bullying attempts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 12/29/2009 21:59 (#992678 - in reply to #992623)
Subject: RE: Local COOP bullying attempts

Central NE
It seems warehouses have found a loophole in the grain warehouseing laws in the form of a DP contract. Eventually I think you'll see nearly all of them that don't have too much competition force Dp contracts down everyones throat.

I don't like the thought of having no recourse if an elevator goes into default. I called one elevator this fall to see if they had some room for me to bring in some corn to store, and they told me yes. After I delivered the first load, they wanted me to sign a DP SALES contract instead of a warehouse receipt for storage. I had made it perfectly clear on the phone before I brought in the corn I did not want to SELL my corn. I was peeved and did not haul them another load. I am not going to take on the role of unsecured creditor to the elevator and pay them to use my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just contracted a little '10 corn with them and I think that is just how I'll have to do business with this paticular elevator.(Forward contracts only)

Another elevator gave me the option when I hauled beans of either 1. Open storage at 4c per month or 2. DP and free storage. In that case, at least I feel there is a financial trade for assuming some risk and I chose to split the crop between storage options.

I understand the need to move some crop out, but they should at least offer a percentage of their total capacity for open storage at some point IMO.

Edited by Hayinhere 12/29/2009 23:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)