AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local COOP bullying attempts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 12/29/2009 21:48 (#992649 - in reply to #992623)
Subject: Re: Local COOP bullying attempts

My question is, why do they need to have signed papers from growers with grain in storage to free up space. I will use the term "most" as I dont know if every grain facility in your area or others does this, but it is pretty common practice for elevators to have their position covered so they can freely move grain around to facilitate space and cycles. In the end the numbers come out whether your grain is PYSICALLY there or not. The only situation that comes to mind where this may not be the case is if they completely clean house and have no physical inventory left. Even then, on paper they would be on the plus side enough to buy grain and bring it in to match your inventory (and yes I know the trucking in and out would have to be eaten by the elevator, but thats the case whether management screwed the pouch or not). AND that will almost never happen. Either way, its on paper, should be covered and really doesnt matter. Am I looking at this wrong????

Back to the original post, I guess its a two edged sword. You never really signed anything that says that you must sell by deadline, but you may have signed or implied an agreement that TERMS are SUBJECT TO CHANGE given the storage program. In that case, I would say you are up a creek. If you never opted into the program you might have more leverage. I cant see them destroying their customer base to get this through, but then again it may not be that big of a deal, but then again if they are that hard up on space it probably involves a large number of bushels across several accounts. Your additional options are to truck it out, start a witch hunt, or both. JUST MY OPINION, RESULTS MAY VARY!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)