AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gallons per acre of fuel storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Walton Farms
Posted 2/1/2021 22:18 (#8800597 - in reply to #8799402)
Subject: RE: Gallons per acre of fuel storage

SW Indiana
OKE7 - 2/1/2021 15:23

Thud - 2/1/2021 14:14

FWIW, I think some of you guys may be chasing pennies while the dollar bills blow away in the wind. I've heard anywhere from 2-5gals of fuel budgetted per acres.... and savings from nil to $.40gal.. so we are literally $2/ac POTENTIAL savings, and if you guess wrong it could cost you just as much. If you are on a 200bu corn farm, I think you'd be better off trying to gain another .$02/bu through marketing than, worrying about saving $.20 gal on your fuel bills. But thats just me.

holy crap

someone else gets it

timing and management will trump capacity hands down

tanks are fine, you have to have them to operate, certainly get the size you need to be efficient and take advantage of cash price lows. however being able to hold 3 years of fuel isn't the answer either.

Amen...in the OP example picture the .36 cent price swing is $2700. Between the cost of the setup and the cost of money you better be turning a tanker load every 8 weeks or less in my opinion. They'll be a time when it goes .36 the other way. If you use 1 tanker load a year, hitting the low is like selling all your grain at the high...it ain't gonna happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)