AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My roadside sod rant....my county road commission feels the need to harvest every spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WSCC
Posted 3/12/2020 22:47 (#8100394 - in reply to #8099418)
Subject: RE: My roadside sod rant....my county road commission feels the need to harvest every spring

NC MO
This thread sounds like one of our county Farm Bureau board meetings. We have this discussion about every month, and with about the same mix of opinions in very similar proportions. I tend to come down on the side of, it has to be done or the situation gets really bad. I know it is not fun to deal with, but I think it is better than the alternative, and I have thought about what they could do different and I am not sure what could be done. We lost a good young guy that did a great job on our township roads, but since he put the crown in the road and made sure there were no "secondary ditches" he got complaints about the sod he inevitably had to pull up. I hope one day we can all figure out a perfect way to manage a gravel road. Never mind we have it is called pavement, but at that point I am sure the new topic would be taxes, and I will tell you right now what side of that discussion I am going to come down on. Just in case I was unclear it is the side that says that our governments (federal, state, and local) already have to much of our hard earned money and don't use it efficiently enough for me to want to trust them with more.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)