AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCHF and Keto. Avoiding Confirmation Bias- a Question for John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/4/2020 12:42 (#8020834 - in reply to #8020766)
Subject: looking healthy

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think you are taking a logical approach.

I definitely have confirmation bias. You have probably seen my thread of my one year results. That definitely has biased me. So not sure I am the one to answer your questions.

But what I would suggest, after going to one end of the spectrum, go to the opposite. Look up Amber Ohearn on youtube. Look up Dr Paul Saladino. Look up Dr Shawn Baker.

You are getting the view of the data and perspective from the vegan and anti meat side. Now go the opposite direction and listen to some or all of the above and you will get the cherry picking from the other side.

Somewhere in between may lay the truth.

That is about the best a person can do. Anything I would see is going to be biased. It is just working too well and makes too much sense for me. A year from now I might change my mind if my health goes south and I see where what I have done has damaged me. But till then, like I have stated before, I got my life back. I am definitely biased and it would be tremendously hard to change that perspective at the current time.

As far as looking unhealthy, did you see my before and after pictures? Five years ago I would have said I currently look unhealthy. When we get used to looking at a obese society, fat looks pretty good. But I can tell you from the way I feel (and the way I perform scuba diving) I am way more healthy today than I was in the 5 year ago picture.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/4/2020 12:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)