AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCHF and Keto. Avoiding Confirmation Bias- a Question for John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/6/2020 15:57 (#8025067 - in reply to #8024897)
Subject: RE: Can I go back to eating lots of carbs?

Pittsburg, Kansas
Typical dive for my wife and I is an hour. Up to an hour and a half if we find interesting stuff an we don't get too cold or go too deep (deeper you go, the more air you use). I usually get cold before I run out of air at the current water temperatures of about 89 degrees. Wear a 3 mm wetsuit with a 2.5 mm vest over it. That is more neoprene than I have used in the past here, so either losing the body fat lost insulation, my metabolism is lower, or the water is just cooler this winter. I'm thinking years past it is usually 81 so it may just be a cool water year. It does vary a bit. A few degrees in water makes a world of difference on how fast the body core temperature changes.

I just got back from what I call an exercise dive by myself. I drop down to 80-100 feet, swim moderately hard for 20 minutes till I am huffing and puffing pretty good (breathing 32% nitrox) and get my heart rate up, then I come up to 40 or 50 feet and finish the dive leisurely. I had just over an hour total on that dive. With Nitrox this gets my oxygen partial pressure concentration at that depth to about 1.4 so I get some hyperbaric oxygen therapy. That would be like breathing 140% concentration of pure oxygen at sea level.

I don't think I have ever counted a calorie in my life. Have no idea.

Pacific diving has a whole another host of life in it compared to Caribbean. If there are 4 or 5 different varieties of butterfly fish in the Caribbean, there might be three times that many in the Pacific. Lots and lots more varieties of wildlife. Caribbean colors are pastels where Pacific have much more bold colors in the fish. Why we have done only limited diving in the Pacific is the cost is higher and the flights are MUCH longer. However having said that, with the dollar strong against the Euro, Indonesia is relatively cheap now. Our weekly cost, once we get there, is about the same as here in Bonaire. Flight about twice as much.

Yeah, CYA it is. But I mostly did that for the benefit of the AgTalk "medical advice" worry police wouldn't get their panties in a wad.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/6/2020 15:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)