AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCHF and Keto. Avoiding Confirmation Bias- a Question for John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 2/4/2020 12:06 (#8020766)
Subject: LCHF and Keto. Avoiding Confirmation Bias- a Question for John Burns

NW IA
I have lost 40 pounds to date by using what I believe to be the least controversial tools from the box. No sugar, no grains, no taters, no vegetable oils.

The inclusion of more saturated fat, especially from red meat, is more controversial, as in from 0-100 in the spectrum from vegan to full carnivore.

That said I wanted to look at what the most severe critics have to offer.

A site I came upon that is short, to the point, and in lay-mans terms is "Red Pill Vegan"

Two YouTube videos I found interesting are, 1. "Long Term Keto Diet Women", and, 2. "Can Keto Cure Diabetes." Each under ten minutes.

I have a ways to go before I know everything (*) and am digesting some of the criticism offered on the Red Pill site. I noticed when I looked back for info to make this post that he has a video on Ivor Cummins, should be interesting, will have to take a look.

However, Beside the base argument, I can't help but be convinced by the before and after pictures of Dr Sarah Hallberg of Virta Health in the first video that a Keto diet can at least be taken to the point of being a refuge for someone with an eating disorder. She does not LOOK healthy by any measure.

I know the first caution flag to go up re the second video is that the basis is a small sample, but it is taken from Virta Health's own data and does not cast a favorable light on the Virta Health folks program claims or how they use data.

John, if you do not have the time for, or interest in, looking into this that is perfectly understandable.

My conundrum is that at less than a year into this I am not ready to declare victory, and doubt I would be in four years. Just want to figure it out well enough to go forward successfully.

I am not buying the vegan message, (loaded as it is with it's own confirmation bias) simply trying to avoid confirmation bias in what I feed my mind. That confirms I am repeating myself so I am done.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)