AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCHF and Keto. Avoiding Confirmation Bias- a Question for John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/6/2020 20:35 (#8025662 - in reply to #8025491)
Subject: scuba

Pittsburg, Kansas
Never got into birding but I like to see them. Weird kind of a fish hawk called the CariCari or something like that indigenous to this island and a specific strain of parrots also exclusive here.

Actually water temperature does not change much depth wise. Occasionally we might have a thermocline ar 60 to 100 feet but that is only if a storm or something is pushing deep ocean water up and even then it might be only a degree or two. This is unlike fresh water lakes and ponds that develop distinct thermocline due to the depth of sunlight penetration. The more turbid the water, the more shallow the thermocline. But in the ocean a change in temperature is more the exception than the rule.

Burn a lot of energy when a person gets cold. Also causes brown fat to develop. See Dr Benjamin Bikman about brown fat and metabolism. I had a shorty suit and finally a week ago went and bought a new full suit because I was freezing my tail off after 45 minutes in the water. Plus the vest. I have never worn a vest before.

I first took diving lessons when I was 13 and got certified around my 14th birthday. 1968. That is over 50 years ago. Only kid in my high school that was a scuba diver. At that time we used double hose regulators like Mike Nelson on Seahunt television program. No submersible pressure gauge so the way you knew you were out of air is when the regulator started breathing hard. No buoyancy compensator, had not been invented yet so much more demanding sport. My two older brothers were avid divers at the time and because of them I got to tag along. They started around 1965. One brother was an instructor for 20 or more years.

Been a good ride.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/6/2020 20:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)