AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bpreuss
Posted 7/20/2017 18:43 (#6138775 - in reply to #6137981)
Subject: RE: Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?

MN
MN won't be as good as last year and for sure won't be better. All you had to do was plant it last year and you had 200bu corn because we kept mineralizing all year long and hardly anyone had drown out spots. This year we had early planting that got snow on it, the rest was still planted OK calendar wise, but then turned wet and cold affecting emergence and stands. Also, many people have drowned out and replant spots, down corn from wind, hail events, and west side of the state is starting to burn up. Not to mention the fields that were totally raped last year trying to get the crops out in the mud. Those areas where people went out and got stuck every other day with the combine trying to get the beans are showing up. Pile all of that on top of people cutting back on fert because of crop prices and local fert prices and why fertilize for 200+ when we just pulled big crops off 2 years in a row....a turkey is never gonna happen, right? And, I believe 60% of guys use a salt shaker for fertilizer normally, so the last 2 years of big crops have pulled their reserves down quite a bit.
My $.02

Edit to add: I am thinking if we catch a few more rains, we will be around APH or possibly slightly more. But I am speaking for myself, not my area.

Edited by bpreuss 7/20/2017 18:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)