AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

semi HP question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 12/27/2008 15:40 (#548405 - in reply to #548151)
Subject: Re: semi HP question

just a tish NE of central ND
Bullhauler,
I really dont know much about semi's and am in no hurry for one, just noticing some stuff that is advertised. I do know that I used to do some felid to bin/ elevator hauling with a older ford "something" tandam truck of a buddies with a fair box on it was equiped with a 3208?? cat and an allison automatic trans.... It was better than hauling volume with my puddle jumpers but I absolutely hated how dead and powerless it is and road speed wasnt much even when empty.Years ago I believed it belonged to Randy just to the north of you and was sold through a insurance buy back deal and fixed up after a accident mishap.My opinion was it truely was a gutless wonder.Drop it in gear with a load,and lay it to the floor and hold it there till you got to the raod. Once on the road you held it down again untill you went down hill.. I just dont care for that type of throttle response.Automatic in a truck would be something Id not ever get used to. I use a pickup and bumper cattle trailer with a automatic for near a year now an I still am not used to it.You have to drive it sort of like you are mad at the thing or something to get where you are going in tough pulling conditions.With the old stick trans. you just let it pull through in a lower gear and it felt so much more like a solid pull.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)