AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

semi HP question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bullhauler
Posted 12/27/2008 11:23 (#548151 - in reply to #548115)
Subject: Re: semi HP question

Denhoff,ND right in the center of the State
Steve, I would try to find some thing with at least 350hp, if less try to find it with more gears, it really helps to have more gears not such a big split between. I have a 3406B Cat 350hp with a 13 speed behind it and it will pull anything I have ever hooked behind it, I pull a 50ft cattle pot, and it pulls it fine,its when you get 25-30 mph side wind that you need the power, grain trailers pull easy, have hauled alot of hay and it pulls hard in the wind also.My brother has a 1989 R 690 Mack with 300 maxidyne engine and 9 speed this makes a nice farm truck,short wheel base, day cab, had new engine when he bought it and he gave $8000.00 for it. those old Macks are hard to beat for a farm truck have real heavy drive lines and the camel back suspensions are indestructalbe, they ride hard but with a air ride cab you wont know it. My brother in law has a few trucks with L10 and M11 cummins he gets along fine with them but they arent as good as a bigblock, lots of oil leaks, kinda known for that. I should get your Email so I can send you a video of that bale wagon in action, it works good. Terry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)