AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol is the problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maple Leaf
Posted 7/29/2012 08:30 (#2511260 - in reply to #2511193)
Subject: Re: Ethanol is the problem

If you talk to most nutritionist, they recommend staying away from stuff made from corn since they are some of the worst foods to eat. HFCS, high fructose corn syrup, is made from corn and used in soft drinks which is one of America's biggest causes of obesity and problem is Coke is cheaper then milk. I like ethanol since I think we get the best use out of each kernel of corn since ethanol is removed and the byproduct distiller's grain is fed to animals which is a higher protein feed which helps reduce the amount of soybean meal used.

Take any grain commodity and calculate how much the farmer's share is, a one pound box of pure corn flakes is 14.3 cents at $8 per bushel and when corn was $3 our share was 5.4 cents. This is gross, we still have to remove all our expenses and I bet the corn flakes went up more then 8.9 cents. Ok, there will be the argument transportation went up due to fuel prices but what do you think tractors, combines and trucks run on at the farm to produce the product and get it to the factory?

I also like to remind people all this money stays in United States so that money will be spend locally by all the people involved in the whole process from field to plate. I use iPads as an example where cost is probably less then $50 to produce and sell for $400 but most of that money is probably exported to Japan so we get very little benefit from that.

North America has the cheapest food in the world, if you don't believe it just walk around and see how many obese people there are and tell me they can't afford food. Most are too lazy to go to a grocery store and buy fresh products and make a delicious meal which will taste better and give your body what it needs. Instead it is easier to go through Rotten Ronnies and pick up some Big Macs and fries for a quick meal with no dishes so they have more time to watch tv or play video games.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)