AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rented Ground From Below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

StanSW.Mo
Posted 12/1/2011 09:49 (#2078543)
Subject: Rented Ground From Below

Barton Co. Missouri

It seems strange to me that you would work ground if your not going to farm it next yr! When we have lost ground or gained land we wouldn't expeect it to be worked. We gained land this fall ,neighbor retired after he shelled his corn. We went in and worked the ground for wheat wouldn't expect him to! One last thing seems strange how rented land changes hands so much in other areas. Most rented land in this area is farmed by the same family's for along time. We have a good relationship with the owner or owners and try to take care of their land as they did or better. Most of what we have is rented from the retired owners, Now that might change with the next genaration when there is not connection to the land. I think in this area the farmers have respect for each other and aren't trying to rent ground out from under you. Not that they wouldn't farm it if it was aviaible. Just those close by I think we all have respect for each other. We've all known each other for yrs. and our fathers knew each other. With all this said I 'll probably be proven wrong!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)