AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine advice 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

blackstripe
Posted 10/21/2020 11:14 (#8557175)
Subject: Combine advice 2388

SC MN
I have alot on my mind about our 2388, it's an earlier model with getting close to 4000 engine hours and close to 3000 sep hours. Cosmetically very nice, but needs alot of love. Engine has alot of blow by, engine leaks alot of oil, dealer said has to pull to fix the gasket that's leaking. Hydro is weak, dosent pull hills like it used to and road speed has even decreased. Needs a new unload auger, Needs to go in for an inspection to see whatelse it needs, I'm sure the estimate is going to be large. Not sure how much money to throw at this thing or if I should upgrade. I dont know all the numbers of the newer machines so dont even know what I would want if I did decide to upgrade. The 2388 is plenty of machine for me so a similar size would be perfect. I'm 35 so whatever I decide i want to be a good long term investment. If I rebuild the 2388 I'll have more into than what it's worth but it would last me along time then hopefully. If I upgrade I could end up with the same deal I'm in now just with a newer more expensive machine. What do you guys think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)