AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight won't power up, is the missing "power control relay" the problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 7/5/2020 21:24 (#8356358)
Subject: Insight won't power up, is the missing "power control relay" the problem?

West Central Iowa
I am installing a used AgLeader CAN bus yield monitor and have it mostly installed and the new to me insight won't power up. I plugged it into the Insight power harness on my 8400 and it power up, so I know it is not a monitor problem. Anyway, after I got to looking things over, it appears that what AgLeader refers to as the "power control relay" is missing from the monitor power harness, but a post I found on here makes me wonder if that is the problem with the monitor or if the monitor power harness also has a problem.

Here is a copy and paste of a reply KMec made to an Interga problem in 2013.

" The power control relay turns power for the CAN bus devices, and GPS receiver, on and off. With a faulty or missing PCR, you would be able to power on your display, but you will get no response from the GPS or any of the CAN bus device modules."

This reply makes me think that without the power control relay the display should still power up, but the rest of the CAN bus system would be dead. I have verified that I have power and ground in both of the power harnesses that run back to the battery. In fact these power harness were the same part number as used with the PF Advantage system I removed, so I never changed these harnesses.

Could someone point me to where I can find part numbers for the display install parts of these yield monitor systems? The install instructions for the yield monitor combine components list most of these harness part numbers, but I can't find a part number for the power control relay or for the display power harness. It looks to me like this monitor harness also has the cable that runs to the GPS receiver too. A part number for these two parts would be a big help.

Edit to add: I forgot about Ag Leader putting the part number on their cables. The long main power cable that runs under the cab and up to the display is a 4000216-10 and the short pigtail cable that connects to it is 4000217-1. Could someone verify that these are the correct cables for what I am trying to do?

Thanks!

Edited by pirlbeck 7/5/2020 21:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)