AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight won't power up, is the missing "power control relay" the problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 7/8/2020 07:17 (#8360827 - in reply to #8359133)
Subject: RE: Using the old Garmin

West Central Iowa
I got the system powered up last evening. I ordered a new power cable kit as I was concerned that KMech was correct and that the Insight should power up without the power control relay, but the rest of the yield monitor system needed the power control relay to power up. Anyway, I tried the new power control relay in the old harness and the Insight still would not power up, so I plugged things in with the new power cable kit and everything worked. The new power cable kit connected properly to my Garmin antenna and I had DGPS on the Insight screen after a little while.

The Insight found all 3 of the CAN modules, so that all seems to be working and when I ran the machine I had elevator speed. I could not find a place that displayed ground speed, either GPS or wheel sensor speed, so I could see if that was working. Where would I find that? I had the primary ground speed set to GPS and the secondary set to use the wheel speed sensor. I have not done any of the distance calibrations, so maybe it won't display speed until they are done.

I have a 252 Trimble receiver here that I wanted to try, but it appears I am going to have to purchase a cable if I want to try it, as I could not find anything in my box of spare cables. Would there be any real advantage to the 252 over the Garmin? The Garmin seemed to work fine with the PF Advantage system.

Is there any way to do a real "test" of this system other then harvesting with it? I would like to make sure it works as much as possible before harvest starts this fall.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)