AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight won't power up, is the missing "power control relay" the problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 7/6/2020 07:50 (#8356890 - in reply to #8356809)
Subject: RE: Insight won't power up, is the missing "power control relay" the problem?

West Central Iowa
So far I have not been able to find any schematic or documentation indicating that I need a "switched power" anywhere in this application. But I will admit I have been having trouble coming up with much info as far as installing the Insight in a combine for yield monitoring. This problem is compounded by the fact that evidently Ag Leader recently redid their Knowledgebase website and a Google search takes me to a bunch of dead links. And I have looked at every bit of documentation on the Knowledge base site that pertains to the Insight.

I'll start with getting a power control relay and seeing what it does with that installed.

How careful do I have to be plugging this Insight into my PF Advantage antenna/receiver? I am thinking this may be a Garmin or some other non Agleader brand, as I can find no name or model number on this antenna/receiver.The 9 pin connectors will mate if I remove the 2000986 "Adapter port 1 to Aux 1 cable" that was in the harness that I pulled from the CAN bus system donor combine. This is a 15 pin to 9 pin gender changing connector. While the cable will connect, the hardware to fasten them together will not, as both halves have screws in them, but I am sure I can work around that problem. I don't want to fry anything, but I would like to try this antenna as it always worked well with the PF Advantage. Another question I had about this antenna/receiver.......is there a chance the hertz rate could be too slow to work properly with the Insight?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)