AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prostate problems & surgery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

57ringo
Posted 1/15/2020 17:11 (#7976559)
Subject: prostate problems & surgery?

Emporia, ks

I'm 63 & I've had an enlarged prostate for the past 6 years or so and taking tamsulosin ( generic flomax ). This past fall the urge & frequency increased and the stream decreased. I get my PSA & prostate checked every year at my physical and it had been 1.3-1.8 range and the last 2 years went to 3. The Dr set me up with an appointment with a urologist and they did a cystoscopy....and that was NO fun! Anyway, it showed I have an enlarged median lobe and he said the medicine usually doesn't work too good shrinking that lobe. He said there was several methods he could preform that would help. He didn't think the TURP (roto-router) was necessary and suggested either a steam treatment ( rezum) or he thought best for me to be the laser treatment ( cyber TM thulium surgical laser). My dad had the TURP years ago when he was still alive but sure isn't something I'd like to go through. The Dr said the other two would be out patient, knock me out to do the procedure then send me home with a catheter installed that I would take out the next day and it would take about a month to fully heal. One side effect of the laser would be retrograde ejaculation. After looking at the surgery on youtube. it basically looks like someone taking a plasma cutter and blowing the flesh out of there!  Has anyone had any experience with this procedure and advice on any of them? I would appreciate any and all info I could get before I do this. ...tentatively scheduled for 2-19-20. If you'd rather email me, my email is in my profile.

here's a link to the laser treatment on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgA214c0_k

Edited by 57ringo 1/15/2020 17:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)