AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prostate problems & surgery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farmsabit
Posted 1/16/2020 10:18 (#7978179 - in reply to #7976559)
Subject: RE: prostate problems & surgery?

WC. MN.
Had the laser surgery done last Jan. Simple, painless, not much to it. I was on terrazosin for a number of years when that wasn't working so good anymore. Urologist put me on flomax I believe. After 3 months things weren't improving. He went up there and looked at things and recommended laser surgery. He stressed the danger of urine backing up and screwing up my kidneys. Said that happens, you've really got problems. Had laser surgery done in the morning, stayed over night at hospital so that they could monitor urine coming out cathiter for blood and went home the next day. Went back in 2 days to have catheter removed. This is where the pain came in. Apparently catheter had ballooned up and I ended up with 3 nurses in the room trying to get it out--told them if I was a woman I would never have a baby. Anyway things have been working pretty good. Flow improved greatly.
Laser is a vast improvement over the old way they did it. Do a search and look at the "medieval torture device" that was used. Nurse in hospital said that guys would be there for several days waiting for the bleeding to stop. Did have blood in urine a few times but this is normal. If I can answer any questions for you feel free to ask.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)