AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prostate problems & surgery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 2/3/2020 09:32 (#8018196 - in reply to #7995027)
Subject: RE: prostate problems & surgery?

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
57ringo - 1/23/2020 14:38

I'm going to see another Dr tomorrow for a second opinion...figure since that is a pretty sensitive area, it wouldn't hurt to talk to another dr about it.

Just had a biopsy again last August. My PSA was bouncing around 4.5-.....6.5 then 8.5.. No cancer the first time I had the biopsies were about 3 years ago and only passed blood for a week. This time (last August) they found a very slow growing cancer in 2 of the 12 quadrants they took biopsies from and I passed blood for just about 4 months this time. (no fun at all here either)... Well fast forward to blood test 2 weeks ago and my PSA was a 12.6 but I don't trust the dr.'s hands when it comes to the biopsies as why with my original Dr. did I only pass blood for week and the new doctor I passed blood for 4 months? .. (Also they claim a PSA test is not as reliable as they once claimed). They wanted to schedule me for an appointment this week but I couldn't do it so I'm set up to go in on the 3rd week in March..
That said my brother in law had prostate cancer and they decided to put the radioactive seeds in his prostates. That was 3 years ago but the thing is if they don't work and it comes back they can't go back in and take the prostate out for some reason .... It really is a dilemma and hard to wrap my head around what I should do but I will not have biopsies again without a lot of arm twisting... Not to mention it's nerve racking knowing you have cancer and think about it all the time as there are people with things much worse wrong with them. I've had 2 uncles (not blood related) that died from it and its a heck of a way to go and not pleasent to watch them go through it. Also my Dad's doctor wasn't taking his PSA until my mother asked about it in 2002... He said it just wasn't' his practice to order the test. Well they ordered it and he was at a 28+ and had them taken out with treatments of radiation for 45 days or so.. Then it had spread into his tesitcles so they took them. More radiation but it didn't spread. He's 92 last month and slowing down but he would have been gone 15 years ago if it were not for my mother asking about the test.. I'm blessed to have him yet but really torn on what to do... I'm only 59 and single but still enjoy going on dates from time to time and hope to find the right woman but it just hasn't happened. At least I have 2 kids with wonderful spouses and 4 grandkids that are all doing great from my 1st wife... That said I have had bladder cancer (slow growing but just a nip of it in the past years twice) so that adds a little more confusion too... (sorry for the long write)
Kick~
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)