AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some "Side Door" hay pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/8/2019 18:26 (#7230394)
Subject: Some "Side Door" hay pics

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Someone in my skid steer/hay/gate post below asked for some pics of the skid loader side door.  I'd removed the earlier pic where I accidentally left the large bale up high, (unsafe) so here are some new pics from putting out hay for my heifer group today.  I put out 2 bales about every other day (or when they need it) for these 26 head of mostly retained heifers. And I made sure I lowered the bale below sight line before getting out to open the gate. Thank you Garvo.

I particularly wanted to show how much easier it is to get through a gate with a bale on the front and a side door.  After going through the gate and lining up with the cradle feeder, I then again get out of the loader to cut the netwrap off of the suspended bale. Cutting the netwrap off is very difficult when you need to climb in and out the front, especially with a cab. The heifers came right over to check out this bale and I took a couple more pics before setting the bale in the feeder.

The weather was changing rapidly this afternoon with the temperature dropping quickly below freezing (= mud turns into concrete) and the wind gusts in the 40 mph+ range.  Regardless of make of the machine, a heated seat and warm cab were very much appreciated today, along with the NOAA weather radio.

Here are some pics from late this afternoon.

Edited by Jim 1/8/2019 23:37

(IMG018 Taking a shedded partial bale through the gate 010819 (full).jpg)

(IMG023 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg)

(IMG025 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg)

(IMG032 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg)

(IMG034 Heifer group at the cradle feeder 010819 (full).jpg)

(IMG033 Taking a partially carmelized outdoor bale through the gate 010819 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG018 Taking a shedded partial bale through the gate 010819 (full).jpg (163KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments IMG023 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg (149KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments IMG025 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg (187KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments IMG032 Heifers checking out bale after I removed the netwrap 010819 (full).jpg (210KB - 83 downloads)
Attachments IMG034 Heifer group at the cradle feeder 010819 (full).jpg (154KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments IMG033 Taking a partially carmelized outdoor bale through the gate 010819 (full).jpg (153KB - 84 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)