AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some "Side Door" hay pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/8/2019 22:20 (#7231116 - in reply to #7231098)
Subject: RE: Some "Side Door" hay pics

Driftless SW Wisconsin

LNS8310 - 1/8/2019 22:09

How is it climbing in and out of that skid?  Are the tracks slick at all making it a little scary to stand on when entering or exiting the cab?

Not bad at all climbing in. There are 2 sturdy handles, one on the inside of the door, one on the cab cornerpost. Sometimes I step on the track but if it's wet, muddy etc I use the step in the middle of the tracks.

Climbing out I've found the best way is to turn around facing the cab in the reverse of getting on, always holding the two handles. Climbing out I almost always step on the track and turn around while holding the handle, then step down.  Preferred method probably depends on how tall you are.

The cab door opening is taller than it looks in the photos. I do need to set up the horse feed net holder on the engine rear door to put the removed netwrap in. I'm still stuffing it in under the front of the seat which is not a good idea.

It's sort of like climbing in and out of a 1 ton dually: You find the best way for you, except always hold on and watch where you're putting your feet.

Edited by Jim 1/8/2019 23:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)