AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-till vs Strip-till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Iceman56
Posted 1/23/2018 07:48 (#6525078)
Subject: No-till vs Strip-till

SE South Dakota
For conversation piece anyone try both practices and Like one or the other? I am corn soybean rotation SE South Dakota very dry area. Getting away from conventional till mainly to keep as much moisture as possible for when the rain shuts off in July around here. Also the other obvious benefits of reduced tillage

I can't decide if buying a $150-200K stiptiller for corn is worth it... I would be putting down fall P&K in strip preferably with a deep coulter setup and very narrow strips (least amount of tillage as possible). We have a very nice Floater we just bought to spread, is strip tilling worth it? Would I see that much of a gain if my planter was setup to No till? My dirt is pretty fertile right now. my biggest worry about No till is Nutrient stratification, we are pretty flat though and don't have much for big gusher rains so we don't get much for run off at all. I just worry about cold wet springs for No Till being this far North.

What are your guys thoughts that have done both or been around both? What are Pros and Cons that everyone has seen?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)