AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Describe Your Ideal Ag Lender?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MJCORN
Posted 7/22/2021 09:15 (#9123142)
Subject: Describe Your Ideal Ag Lender?

West Central Illinois

Good Morning Everyone, I used to be an avid Ag Talker in my farming days. I farmed with my father straight out of college. Well the second year our strip till corn on corn paired with a drought left us with half the income we were projecting in 2016. These were lean times to begin with, after some liquidation and restructuring we tried holding on, yet another drought happened, mother and fathers stress levels hit their max, and we decided it would be best if I left the farm, they liquidate, and live a simpler less stressful life. Don't get me wrong Farming is in my/our blood and I will always dream of taking another stab at it. I have found myself at 28 years old in an Ag Lenders role at a small local bank. I honestly love it as I feel I can empathize with my customers more than the average Loan Officer as I've been through the roughest times a farmer can have . I'll also try my hardest to figure out a way to help turn a farm around, not send them down the road, as I don't want them to have the same fate as us. Love being able to talk equipment, new genetics, crop prices, agronomy, the whole works like I would as a farmer. Just want to work with honest farmers to ensure a future for their next generations.

All that being said I'm in a role to gain new business, what do you guys look for in an Ag Lender? Is it just strictly rate? How far would you travel to do your loan business? I've taken to driving the countryside, shaking hands introducing myself and hoping they can see I'm cut from the same piece of cloth and know what these people are going through. Being available 24/7 by cell or text, going to the farm to sign papers, exchange docs.

Ultimately at the end of the day I hope the farmer does what is in their best interest, hopefully I can make myself fit that mold.

This is in no way any type shady covert advertising, just trying to improve myself. Thanks everybody

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)