AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

O/T City Water Service VS New Well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kelly
Posted 11/21/2006 19:53 (#64171 - in reply to #63920)
Subject: RE: O/T City Water Service VS New Well

NC KS
Is that common in your area to drill a 3' diameter well? That is unheard of out here but it sure would solve most of my water problems.

Back ot the original poster question, I have spent several thousand dollars over the last 15 years trying to keep up with livestock and households during drought. This has involved bringing in an existing well from almost a mile away, drilling 3 new wells, only one which we currently use. Best one was found last spring but water is not very good for all around use. We had a chance in the early 80's to go on rural water. At that time it was 5000 a mile plus water usage and meter fees. Water line went in 2 north of us so that would of cost 10000 plus a bill every month. I think current charges are 10000 a mile if they would let us on. Have i regretted my decisions-not at all.

You also need to do like Brian suggested and find some older water well drillers. Chances are they know the area and the chances of bringing in some usable water. Water witchers work to some extent. They do have to know the area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)