AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

O/T City Water Service VS New Well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 11/20/2006 18:43 (#63795 - in reply to #63787)
Subject: Re: O/T City Water Service VS New Well

Thanks for some insight in to more questions I need to ask. I had not heard of the well filling requirement but I do know that several neighbors still have both. The only requirement I have heard of so far is that I must put in triple check valves for any water line running to livestock. I am fortunate enough that I am not on city sewer and that the main reason the water district expanded was because of a loss of a major water using industrial plant. Supposedly they want to drill more wells now but they keep changing their minds as to where they want them and the thier current wells are over 10 miles away. I agree that I felt as if it was bleeding me dry overtime but I am also looking at the peace-of-mind and conveinance of not hauling water afterwork, happiness- as one poster said if the wife is happy so is the hubby:) When I haul water now it is usually about $10 for the water only and I haul every other day and that usually starts in around late May to late Sept. so I am probably close to paying for the drilled well in hauled water costs the last two years as I him-hawed over this issue. I will do more checking into the regs and pass on what I learn. Thanks guys for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)