AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who is at fault?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oakridge
Posted 2/6/2019 06:21 (#7300360)
Subject: Who is at fault?

West Central Wisconsin
Last fall when checking my grain loads inline, I noticed one load was very small. I called my custom operator and asked what the deal was because I knew that every load that day was a full load. He studders and say "oh yeah, I forgot yo tell you. I was short on a contract and a buddy of mine needed 400 bu to fill a contract so I used your corn. We will sign the checks over to you when we get them ". The custom guy was a friend of mine and I had no reason to doubt him even though I was miffed that I was not consulted on this. Fast forward almost 4 months, no money delivered. I have sent them both bills and no response. Yesterday I finally got irritated enough to go to the the grain elevator and find out how the heck they were even able to get their hands on my corn without my authorization. Plant manager told me that the custom guy followed the load in and told him that I owed him money (I did not owe him yet) and gave him permission to transfer some of my corn to him.
I need to get this straightened out but I am having a hard time assessing official blame: custom guy for lying, plant operator for allowing it without my permission, the custom guy and his buddy(who also works at the grain plant) for not paying me, or me for letting it go on this long. It is only 500 bu but next time it could be more.
Need your thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)