AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drop, Derecho, Degrees, Drought?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 6/30/2018 10:09 (#6842427 - in reply to #6842252)
Subject: RE: Drop, Derecho, Degrees, Drought?

EC SoDak
Conan, maybe you should put an asterisk at the top of your post that says this isn’t about a crop disaster. Any time ‘12 gets brought up, people automatically assume that’s the only thing you can possibly mean. For some reason, people only took that one aspect away from that year for the memory bank. Lol

In regards to what you wrote, I think you’re going down the right track. Anyone who has read my posts the last month should know by now that I don’t think people are respecting the finish some of these crops have had. Last year is a perfect example, bad looking crop, enough moisture and a long cool finish made it. This year *could be the opposite, good looking for the most part then heat and a dry period speeds up grain fill. So far long range forecasts are calling for a hot few weeks. Or, it ends up 180+ like people seem to have been calling for since V4. Lol

I think the market overreacted to the downside rather early this year. I hadn’t even post sprayed my corn yet and they had already started pulling a ton of premium out of the market. Haha. About the same time people started up that 180+ talk, seemed unreal to be talking about that, that early.

Ps: I forgot about that wind storm, pretty crazy they were so close in date.

Edited by SoDak Farms 6/30/2018 10:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)