AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drop, Derecho, Degrees, Drought?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

TADER
Posted 6/30/2018 09:28 (#6842367 - in reply to #6842326)
Subject: RE: Drop, Derecho, Degrees, Drought?

Illinois
Oh, well we have some forward contracted both corn, beans, no milo, or wheat (this years just harvested). We should have sold the small bit of corn we had left at 3.86, so we rode than down, yippee.. What's marketed for 2018 is a split some fall some Jan. Corn above 4.00 barely lol, beans fall not quite ten, Jan over ten, with Prices right now not enough, if prices do a 2012 waaay to much.
It's a crap shoot, only got bit once. Shockingly it's was 2012, only produced 9 bu had 20 bu covered early then didn't contract more as it was goin down hill fast. Hated to write that check but much smaller than the guy down the rode, he's still bleeding from that one.
If I try to sell in season you can bet the corn market will go up five. ( after I sell) Mr. Tader and I market together, we don't do puts and calls. I have better luck on the stock market. He's more of a risk taker than I am, I'm more conservative. Biggest mistake, well it's mine I own that one. Mr Tader said go take 10k and buy Sirius when it was at a penny. We talked had young kids and if we lost that it would have hurt so, I chickened out. Go do the math... yep he still gives me sh@t. "See if you would have listened I could go buy_____" insert combine, gun, etc. Biggest winner, was a joint win. Sure wish we knew more or had a crystal ball.

Taders wife

Edited by TADER 6/30/2018 09:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)