AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record Rains headed to California.. just like 2011.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/8/2017 07:55 (#5752697 - in reply to #5752674)
Subject: Swings are bigger Ray..

Ray in the Late 1990's dry spell there was ground on cash rent in NW Kansas which the tenants walked away from.. "good luck we're out of here.."

In Todd's part of the world they raised 60..70..80.. or more bushel dryland wheat.. which at the bottom of the trough may not RAISE ANYTHING for a period of time.. as in 1..2..3.. or more years ..

In 2011 HERE we had a guy who raised 260 bu irrigated corn in 2010.. liked that.. planted the whole irrigated farm to that number.. one pivot did 60!! a 200 bu swing in production..

In the Fall of 2011 my dryland field of corn which did 100+ in 2009.. there was NOTHING standing taller than my knee when the insurance agent came by to inspect it.. he didn't even get out of the car..

"Okay this is gonna be a ZERO.. next.."

There was a pigweed growing along the edge of the field.. "Gonna have to work this or spray it.. lol.."  I came back about 10 days later.. and THE PIGWEED WAS DEAD!!"

We're LITERALLY LIVING on what we have binned.. saved.. and our credit lines.. to get through these events when they occur..

My Grandfather talked about it in the 1930's..
My Father talked about it in the 1950's..

and A Johnson is saying.. "might wanna consider how you could prepare for it.. cause I think it's coming..."

"Could be wrong.. but.. not looking good.." 

I know that Todd doesn't like the crop insurance but.. I'm gonna be clinging to mine.. and I'm gonna flip from RMA to the Yield side so IF Corn goes to the moon.. I don't get reduced.. ???  correct...??? 

Edited by JonSCKs 1/8/2017 07:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)