AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record Rains headed to California.. just like 2011.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/7/2017 13:14 (#5751255 - in reply to #5751097)
Subject: Nature

Buxton ND
How about we let Nature tell us the weather, more the animals tell us the weather ? From Muskrat huts to beavers/deer/pocket gophers or trees. I've heard stuff like this some of which goes back to the days of the Native American's

The fall of 2015 some of these signs told me it was going to be a dry open mild winter pointing to a early spring start. It was CORRECT. Fall of 2011 these same signs (just stronger) said a really mild/open winter and a early spring start.

We got our first snow earlier December here. Went to check on the very local deer herd, there is a big buck in there big enough to be rubbing 3 inch's tree's. Not ONE single track since that first 10 inch snow. THEIR GONE to heavy cover. The prior 2 winters they over wintered all winter in the same good size farmstead. I'm like oh shoot its gonna be a tough winter.

Right now I'd call my winter normal (just ALOT of ice) so far, get 150-200 miles west,,, its the already the winter from Satan.

Spring of 2011 was wet here, dried out early July, the first very dry fall in years. If you weren't water damaged early you had a great crop. It was my first year to crack 90 bushel wheat but also had 45-50 bushel bad water damaged stuff. Had some great navy beans as well yet one field close to a RMA check.

IF we have a spring like 2011 there WILL BE some really late planted wheat. Give us 3-4 inch's of late April/early May rains and its GONNA BE LATE. Oh you wanna seed poor priced wheat that you get docked for whatever discounts and end up with a the shaft. OR YOU GONNA PLANT SOYBEANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ????????????????

Working this into wheat, I've been told numerous times in the last 3-4 months "there is nothing going on with wheat" we have too much wheat/we have too much wheat world wide/we have wheat coming out our ears/no one wants your wheat/too much in bins ect ect ect YETTTTTTTTTTT MWEH/MPL close at its highest daily and weekly close since June 24th. PLUS its the only grain the finished GREEN Friday. So we have ALL THIS WHEAT coming out of our ears and yet those "Ears are inverted"

SO AGAIN, I will say Hereeeeeeeeeeee Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty :o)
I know there are some of those "Fund Boys" reading this :o)
Come play and I'll buy you a Moscow Mule, I had 2 last night and there are dam tasty ! ! !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)