AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Debt or no debt? Dave Ramsey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 12/17/2016 20:33 (#5705307 - in reply to #5702571)
Subject: RE: Debt or no debt? Dave Ramsey

Dearfield Co.
FarmOR - 12/16/2016 17:46

Wow! Opinions flying all over.

I listened to Dave a lot, ironically during my commute working long hard hours for the man. His mantra is basically common sense and self discipline.

It does take borrowed money to start. But you ought to be living on beans and rice and working your way to get out of debt. After the significant sacrifice it takes to get debt free, you have a better idea of what you're getting into for future investment.

I had to lease my farm land while I worked and paid my debts for years. Let me tell you that was not easy! Watching a renter use your property for one. I don't care how good a renter, they won't value your property the same as your blood and tears went into it.

Say what you want about the man, but you won't change the fact that a hell of a lot of people are a lot better off due to his pilgrimage. What have you done to better the world?

The same as there is a hell of a lot of people better off due to Clark Howards advice, or Ann Launders or DR ruth. Judging by your comment of "working for the man" I would guess you needed him. I realize no matter what you do that you are "working for the man" no matter how rich or poor you are "working for the man" that man should be your self . I really can't say I have bettered the world but I have tried to help my fellow man in many endeavors -----------comparing his syndicated paid for radio show to a pilgrimage is a joke to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)