AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Funeral planning what to expect?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Waljohn
Posted 10/7/2016 05:23 (#5568463 - in reply to #5567250)
Subject: RE: Funeral planning what to expect?

Gretna, VA
billw - 10/6/2016 13:20

If you decide to use the plot they have, it wouldn't hurt to confirm the details of it with the cemetery administrator. Sometimes cemetery records weren't the best organized. I've known of plots that were sold many years ago, and had been resold, unknown to the initial buyer until there was a burial to take place, and other similar awkward type of situations. The funeral home should be able to assist, if you want them to.

Just be aware of the various costs involved at a funeral home. Ask them direct and detail questions about anything you need. I'm sure they'll help in any way you want. One example of charges they might have is if they provide a family car in the funeral procession vs driving yourselves. At a family member's funeral almost 20 years ago, a funeral home in Wichita, KS charged $250 for the family car, and it traveled under 1/2 mile from the funeral chapel to their cemetery, so it was declined.

Sounds like your MIL is overwhelmed, and that's very understandable. She really may be wanting you to make all the decisions, as she said about being POA.

My thoughts and prayers for your FIL, MIL, and your whole family in this very difficult time.

The Power of Attorney ends at death. Funeral arrangements are not the POA's responsibility.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)