AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Funeral planning what to expect?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farm160
Posted 10/6/2016 12:52 (#5567295 - in reply to #5567220)
Subject: RE: Embalming ?

NE Nebraska
We had a family member who requested just that.....cremation with no embalming. The cremation must be done within 24 hours of death and a judge needs to sign off on it to ensure/declare no wrong-doing or questionable death. Far less expensive than a traditional burial!! Furthermore, this family member did not want a funeral. Just wanted ashes scattered on the old home place with a core group of family members present and then to "go out and eat on me. Enjoy. Knowing this would please me."

The more we talk about it, the more hubby and I like this method. We take a pragmatic approach more than an emotional one. They say funerals are for the living and provide closure, and a funeral does bring family members together; however if they really wanted to gather, they'd take the time to do it while living. The simple cremation and scattering of the ashes accomplished the same thing as a funeral, with the people who were the closest, and it's at far less cost than a traditional funeral and a tombstone. Funerals can be big business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)