AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 3/6/2016 22:46 (#5160379 - in reply to #5159350)
Subject: Just a couple of things from a land BEAR

Red River Valley
Why do guys like you get so mad when some post that they believe land will drop ??

would think you would be happy about less competition for your wants

I find it funny that in your mind because one thinks today is a poor time to buy land, that person has to be somebody that has never bought land.

even though I find it a very poor time to buy land (although not nearly as bad as 2012/2013) there is still ground that if up for sale today I would buy. In 2012 that was not the case so you see time and price does change, a land bears outlook.

In 20 years from today I do not see land in my area at or above the 2012/2013 highs and most likely not even back to todays prices.

In 2002 Bought land for under 125K for a Qtr. that sold in 1979 for just a hair under 235K per qtr.

There are many ways to capture the value of land without selling it all or nothing - So to stand there and thump your chest and tell anybody that think land is going down that if they truly believed that then you should sell everything now IMH shows that one has spent very little time thinking about managing ones land base.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)